14 December 2010

Sitecore Searcher and Advanced Database Crawler

Hi there,
Today I am proud to announce a preview release of a component that extends the standard Sitecore Searching mechanisms, specifically, the relatively “new” Sitecore.Search namespace introduced in 6.0 and provides easy search querying APIs. If you are not sure what I am talking about, check out this recently published document on SDN and also Ivan’s blog posts about it.
As an example, I am walking through 5 generic data extraction scenarios and show you how this component can help you in daily development work while still leveraging standard Sitecore functionality.
The session is broken down into demos and code walkthrough. If you are not excited about the code, you can skip those parts.
There is no documentation available yet, but I do plan to come up with a blog series covering the recorded scenarios in more details.
image
The code has been published to the Shared Source Library. You can check it out.
Please let me know how it works, I appreciate any kind of feedback.
Shortened video is posted to YouTube.
Posted by Alex Shyba

No comments:

Post a Comment