15 December 2010

Sitecore Lucene index viewer 1.2 released

Last week I was contacted by the Sitecore Shared Source coordinator Jimmie Overby and he told me that a guy in the Sitecore Ukraine office had made some changes to the Sitecore Lucene IndexViewer, I released some time ago. At first I was a bit sceptic about it, so I asked to review the code changes and see the new functionality. So I installed the new package and looked through the code, and I discovered that the Sitecore Ukranian Vyacheslav Tronko (don’t ask me to pronounce it:)) had done a fantastic job!
Not only had he added some very nice features but he had rewritten some of the code so the application is more stable and extendable. So I really appreciate his work!
The new features are:
  • Possibility to browse indexes defined in the new search section in the web.config
  • Rebuild indexes through the IndexViewer (which is really nice, as you can’t rebuild the new type of indexes any other way)
  • Optimize indexes.
  • Improved usability and look-and-feel of the application
So go take a look at the changes at http://trac.sitecore.net/IndexViewer
If you want to see some screenshots of the new features, take a look here
What I would like to add next, is extended search functionality.
~ by Jens Mikkelse

No comments:

Post a Comment